Don’t you hate hearing “this is just the way we've always done it”? So why not consider a technical resource assessment?
The Nelson Technical Center assessment includes the evaluation of pallets, packaging and material handling systems. The main goal is to review current practices in order to recommend improvements.
- Cost Savings
- Damage Reduction
- Optimize Warehouse and Freight Capacity
- Eliminate International Regulations Challenges
The assessment will range from a few hours to a few days, depending on the facility complexity. The Nelson Company will walk the plant, speak with key people from forklift drivers to plant managers and look for cost savings and process improvement opportunities. The typical assessments find average cost savings of 5-10%.
The Tech Center Assessment includes:
- On site assessment and evaluation of current systems
- Documenting the current pallet specs and unitization procedures
- Recommendations to ensure best industry practices
- Cost savings suggestions, when applicable
- A final report outlining findings and recommendations
Overall, the assessment allows everyone involved to re-evaluate designs and processes. This provides you the opportunity to ‘ask why’ and evaluate the procedures. An assessment could help with find solid answers to the question “why do we always do it this way?”
Think an assessment is the next step for you? Leave us a note below and we will set up your tech center assessment.
Post by: Kent Longardner, Technical Sales Manager