Cube Out terms refer to efficiently optimizing the amount of space to ship or store products. The products are properly organized to reduce the costs of freight per piece: Lower Freight Expenses = Higher Profits
- Cube Utilization
- Cube Optimization
- Cube Efficiency
- Cube Proficiency
- Cube Maximization
What are the benefits of cubing out?
- Savings - ship more products per truck; reduce freight costs
- Time - receive more product more efficiently
- Sustainability - use less energy (carbon footprint) while shipping more product
What are some methods to improve cube utilization?
- Pallet Pattern - simple change with no cost increase
- Packaging - redesign for cube efficiency without losing performance
- Size of Pallet - optimize pallet design for mode of transportation
- Shipping Method - evaluate various options including air, truck, rail, parcel, etc.
- Product Size - design with space limitations for packaging and product
The most efficient option is to use ALL of the ABOVE simultaneously.
Do you need assistance cubing out your product load for shipment or storage? Leave a description below.
Post by: Kent Longardner, Technical Sales Manager