Approximately 90% of the pallets manufactured today are made with recycled plastics. The blends are all different. Most are HDPE, while others use postindustrial scrap which may include rubber, polypropylene and even silicates. Ground up car bumpers are used in one of our pallet lines. While another line uses fiberglass in the manufacturing process.
The process was very interesting.
- The bottles and containers were dumped into a hopper
- The hopper cut the containers into little pieces of plastic confetti
- The plastic flakes were fed into a giant washer that cleaned them
- The plastic went from the washer through a dryer
- The flakes were stored in bulk containers until it was needed for the manufacturing process
The whole line was so efficient. Plastic pallets are just one example of what can be made by recycled plastic. Imagine what our landfills would look like if we didn't recycle!
Thanks to recycling, we can offer a diverse line of quality plastic pallets for every application.
Does your company benefit from recycling? If so, please leave us a message below and tell us how.
Post by: Penny Peirce, Sales Representative
Use of Bales of Crushed PET Bottles by Matthewdikmans licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.