Industry Experience and Engagement
Virginia Tech 2001, B.S. in Forest Products Marketing and Management
17 years of pallet design experience
14 years of experience in the wooden pallet industry
Jonathan began his work in the pallet industry while enrolled at Virginia Tech in the college of Forestry. He worked as a research assistant for the Sardo Pallet lab in Blacksburg, VA from 1998 to 2001. After graduating from Virginia Tech he worked in sales for wooden pallets and crates. Jonathan’s role at The Nelson Company includes sales, consulting, packaging design, and cost savings assessments.
Conferences & Memberships
East Pack - 2013
- Should I Choose Recycled or Remanufactured Pallets?
- A Captive Pallet for the Future
- Are there products in the marketplace that could extend the life cycle of your pallets?
- What is the Equivalent Number of Trees Saved by Pallet Recycling?
- Will your wood pallets survive winter storm Jonas?
- Case Study: Wood Pallet Mold Solution Required Redesign
- Stringer Pallet vs. Block Pallet - which is best for you application?
- 3 Important Pallet Definitions – Dynamic, Static, and Racking
- How to Assemble Wood Pallets (Part II)
- How to Assemble Wood Pallets (Part I)
- 2 Most Common Wood Species for Pallets and Why
- Understanding Regional Differences in Pallet Wood Supply
- 3 Factors Contributing to the Lumber Crisis
- Top 5 Customer Concerns about the Lumber Shortage
- 5 Reasons PDS is Essential to Designing Custom Wood Pallets
- 3 Ways Wood Pallets Maybe Affected by a Lumber Shortage
- Is Wood Pallet Furniture a Good Idea?
- Where Does Wood Pallet Lumber Really Come From? The Answer May Surprise You.
- What exactly are green lumber pallets?
- 3 Ways to Help Reduce Packaging Costs as Wood Prices Soar
- The 5 W's of the Emerald Ash Borer