4517 North Point Blvd
Baltimore, Maryland 21219
If you think moving offices is hard work, try moving a business that has been in the same building for 92
years. Yikes! Talk about kicking up dust. We uncovered so many historical treasures we should have invited the Antiques Roadshow. Seriously, our beloved old building was a genuine time capsule of nearly 100 years in the pallet industry.
Here are seven things we learned while moving:
- Moving our office 1.5 miles north shaves 90 seconds off my usual 60 minute commute to work!
- Always make sure the air conditioning works before moving in. Always.
- Documents from the 1980s were apparently printed using invisible ink.
- A stack of pallets makes an awesome desk while your new one is in transit. (Also a decent plant stand and not too shabby as a makeshift lunch table either.)
- Moving offices on pallets is even more efficient then offering free beer and pizza to your buddy with a pickup truck.
- Never shrinkwrap your water cooler to your sensitive paper files.
- There is a reason to not look behind a fling cabinet.
Despite record-breaking September heat, our dedicated team persevered through the sweat (and tears). We're not going to lie. Giving up our historic Baltimore building was like losing a family member. However, with change comes opportunity.
Nelson Company is excited to show off our bright and cheerful office. You're invited to drop by to meet the friendly faces of Nelson Company and take a tour of our new plastic pallets warehouse.
Post by: David Caltrider, President