In most cases, these plastic pallets are made from high quality plastic resin and used only one time. They are generally able to be used again. Many different sizes are available and the demand is growing as end users learn that they can now buy used plastic pallets for a fraction of the cost of new. The availability of these plastic pallets presents a great opportunity for those that are able to accumulate them and sell them to someone who may be able to use them again.
- Make sure that the plastic pallets you intend to sell are not already the property of another company. Be prepared to offer your assurance of legitimate ownership, in writing, to the buyer.
- Inspect your pallets to assure that they are undamaged and structurally sound. A few chips and scratches are okay but they need to be in good, usable condition.
- Sort the pallets by size, style and color and be prepared to provide this inventory information to the potential buyer.
- Take pictures of each individual pallet as well as the pallet stacks so you can e-mail them to the potential buyer.
- Once you accumulate at least 100 plastic pallets, contact The Nelson Company to start the negotiation and purchasing process for your used plastic pallets.
Remember, before sending those plastic pallets to the grinder, or even worse, to the landfill, call the Nelson Company to find out what they are worth.
Do you have a stack of plastic pallets you are considering selling? Review these 5 tips and then complete our Sell Your Pallets web form.
Post by: Mike Simon, Midwestern Sales Executive